- Oct. 20, 2008 The branch named Busan National Gugak Center opened (located Yeonji-dong, Busanjin-gu, Busan).
- July 7, 2004 The branch named Jindo National Gugak Center opened (located at Imhoe-myeon, Jindo-gun, Jeollanam-do).
- April 6, 2004 The Contemporary Gugak Orchestra was established.
- April 10, 2001 The commemorative ceremony for the 50th anniversary of the Center was held.
- March 2, 2001 Gugak FM Radio Station was launched (FM 99.1MHz)
- May 30, 1997 The new building for Namwon National Gugak Center was opened in Eohyeon-dong.
- March 20, 1997 The division for stage management was established.
- Oct. 22, 1996 The Yeak-dang Theater was opened.
- Feb. 5, 1996 The three divisions of Jeongakdan (Court Music Orchestra), Minsokdan (Folk Music Group), and Muyongdan (Dance Theater) was constructed.
- Feb. 23, 1995 The Gugak Museum was opened.
- Nov. 30, 1994 The Construction of the building for Education and Research completed.
- March 6, 1993 The affiliation was transferred to the Ministry of Culture and Sports.
- March 20, 1992 Namwon National Gugak Center opened in Noam-dong, Namwon-si. The first Director-general was Park Jae Yoon.
- Dec. 17, 1991 The regional branch named “Namwon National Gugak Center” was established.
- Jan. 3, 1990 The Center was transferred from the Ministry of Culture and Public Affairs to the Ministry of Culture.
- Feb. 15, 1988 Seocho-dong building complex opened.
- Dec. 28, 1987 The headquarter of the Center was moved from the complex of the National Theater of Korea at Jangchung-dong to the currently-resided Seocho-dong complex.
- Nov. 9, 1987 The Center founded its subdivisions, including the divisions of management, performance, and promotion, and Gugak Research Office.
- Aug. 25, 1973 The headquarter of the Center was moved within the building-complex of the National Theater of Korea.
- July 11, 1972 Gugaksa Yangseongso was reorganized as the Gugak High School (i.e., high school for traditional music) regulated under the Ministry of Education
- July 24, 1968 The Center was transferred to the Munistry of Culture and Public Affairs.
- Dec. 9 1967 The headquarter of the Center was moved from Unni-dong of Jongno-gu to Jangchung-dong (the building is currently used by the National Theater of Korea).
- Jan. 5, 1962 The instruments exhibition room and practice room was reopened
- Oct. 2, 1961 The Center was transferred to the Ministry of Publia Affairs.
- March 18, 1961 The first class (17 students) of Gugaksa Yangseongso graduated.
- Feb. 11, 1961 The academic degree given for the graduates of Gugaksa Yangseongso was confirmed as the same to the university degree regulated by the Minister of Education.
- Feb. 21, 1958 The term of years for Gugaksa Yangseongso was changed from three to six years.
- April 1, 1955 Gugaksa Yangseongso opened as a an affiliated unit of the National Gugak Center. 30 student chosen entered the school.
- Oct. 1, 1954 The school named “Gugaksa Yangseongso” was established as an affiliated educational institute of the Center. The Director-general of the National Gugak Center, Lee Ju Hwan, was appointed to the director of the Gugaksa Yangseongso.
- April 10, 1951 The National Gugak Center was opened.
- April 9, 1951 Lee Ju Hwan was appointed as the first director of the Center.
- Jan. 19, 1950 The plan for the foundation of the Center was proclaimed (Presidential Decree No. 271); In accordance with the supplementary provision of Article 10, the National Gugak Center was established under the supervision of the Minister of Edcation.