Last Amended on 2015. 9. 16.
Chapter 1. Basic Services for Members
Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Effectuation and Amendment)
or through any other methods, and when the Member agrees to its content.
Article 3 (Other Rules)
Article 4 (Definition of Terms)
② “Withdrawal” means that the Member stops providing personal information to the NGC and cease to receive Service.
③ “Membership Levels” are used to distinguish Members who separately agree to receive specialized service from the NGC from Members who are automatically registered.
④ “Subscription” refers to the act of the Member registering for certain Membership Levels (Best Member, Great Member, for example) to receive specialized Service.
In such cases the NGC may charge Service costs in accordance to “Membership Levels.”
⑤ “Termination” refers to the act of the Member withdrawing from the Membership Levels Services for which they have applied.
⑥ “Expiration” refers to the passage of the effective date of the Membership Level for which the Member had subscribed and to the termination of the Service.
⑦ “Deletion of Personal Information” refers to the act of deleting personal information due to the request of the Member or in accordance to the NGC’s regulations and standards.
The “Deletion of Personal Information” has the same force as a Withdrawal.
⑧ “Points” refer to the alternative method of payment for NGC Members through which subscribed Members of the NGC can accumulate a portion of their payments and can use a part or all of the accumulated points.
⑨ “The NGC Ticketing System” refers to the NGC website (www.gugak.go.kr) where the tickets for NGC are available.
⑩ “Subscribed Members” refer to the “Great Members” and “Best Members” among the Membership Levels.
제Article 5 (Registration and Service Contract)
① The Members who wish to use the Service shall complete the registration form designated by the NGC and apply by submitting the required information online or through other means suggested by the NGC.
③ The NGC has the right to reject an application if one of the following clauses is applicable.
1.When the applicant did not apply using their real name
2.When the applicant is applying with a purpose to disturb social harmony, order, or customs
3.When the designated requirements set by the NGC are not met
④ The NGC has the right to suspend its approval of an application if one of the following clauses is applicable and until the reasons for the restriction can be resolved.
1.When the capacity of service related capacities are insufficient
2.When there are technical problems
3.When the NGC is unable to approve due to other reasons
Article 6 (Basic Registration Level of Members and Automatic Subscription for Membership Levels)
① Customers who have registered as a NGC Member are given the free membership level. This level will be maintained unless the Member withdraws from the Membership or the NGC stops providing the Service.
③ Members under the age of 24 are additionally registered as the Green Member. The Green Member Level will be maintained until the last day of the month the Member turns 24, and the Green Membership level will expire.
④ Members under the age of 65 are additionally registered as the Silver Member. The Silver Membership will continue lifelong unless the Member wishes to withdraw or the NGC stops providing the Service.
Article 7 (Withdrawal and Disqualification)
① The Member can request withdrawal anytime and the NGC shall process the withdrawal immediately excluding the cases pertaining to the following clauses.
1.When there is a special reason to reject the Member’s withdrawal in accordance with the Regulations
2.When the Member intends to pay for a certain Membership Level and receive the Service pertaining to the Membership Level (When a Member demands a cessation to the Service, the NGC will process the withdrawal request in accordance to the NGC returns policy)
3.When there is payment to settle due to the purchasing of tickets or other usage of the Service (In the case the Member requests the Service to stop, as in Clause 2, the NGC will process the request in accordance to the NGC returns policy and process the withdrawal.
If the Member shall demand the continuing of the Service, the NGC can reject the withdrawal request until the date the Service ends. In this case, the Member should demand their withdrawal again at the point the Service ends.)
② When the Member withdraws, the NGC deletes the Member’s personal information and the Member cannot request the restoration of the deleted information after said information is deleted.
④ The NGC can limit or suspend the Membership if one of the following clauses is applicable.
1. When the Member used falsified information when applying
2. When the Membership is related to criminal conduct
3. When the Member used the ID and password belonging to someone else
4. When the Member disturbs the implementation of the Service on purpose
5. When the same Member double registered with another ID
6. When the Member made content that disturbs social harmony or public order
7. When the Member commits libel or causes disadvantages to others
Article 8 (Modifying Registration Details)
① When there is a change in the information provided during registration for membership, the Member shall modify the details directly or request for its modification to the NGC.
② The NGC is not responsible for any damages that should arise in accordance to Clause 1.
Article 9 (Responsibilities of the NGC)
③ The NGC will respond immediately to reasonable complaints raised by Members.
Article 10 (Responsibilities of the Member)
① The Member shall not commit the following acts when using the Service.
1. Illegally using another Member’s ID, password, Membership card or Membership number
2. Using the information gained through the Service without the permission of the NGC or with purposes other than using the Service as a Member by copying, modifying, translating, using it for secondary works and using it for duplication, performances, broadcasting, exhibitions, distribution, publication, etc. or for providing it to a third party
3. Committing libel or causing disadvantages to others
4. Infringing rights including the NGC’s copyright or a third party’s copyright
5. Circulating information, sentences, figures, voice recordings or any content that disturbs social harmony or public order
6. Committing an act justifiably crime-related
7. Registering or circulating computer viruses which could cause the malfunctioning of the Service or could destroy information and cause disorder to the system
8. Sending information that can disturb the stable management of the Service or sending commercial information against the recipient’s will
② The Member assumes full responsibility to the management of the Member ID, password, Membership card, and Membership number. The Member shall not lend or transfer their Member ID, password, Membership card, or Membership number to a third party or take part in a similar action.
The Member further assumes full responsibility of any results that should follow the poor management or the illegal use of the Member ID, password, Membership card, and Membership number.
③ When the Member’s Member ID or other information are illegally used, the Member should change their password immediately and inform the company of the fact.
④ When the Member requires to modify their personal information, the Member shall modify the information via the Internet or inform the NGC without delay by phone.
⑤ The Member cannot use the Service for business activities without the permission of the NGC and the NGC shall take no responsibility for the consequences of such business activities.
⑦ The Member shall comply with the limitations the company posts on the notice board or separately announces.
Article 11 (Members’ Responsibility and Duties Concerning E-mails)
① The NGC does not edit or monitor the content of the Members’ e-mails and the Member assumes full responsibility of their e-mail content.
② The NGC shall not send any e-mails containing any obscene material or disturbing content, junk mails or spam mails, which could cause other people damage or can go against public morals through its e-mail account.
③ The Member assumes full responsibility of breaching Clause 2 of this Article and in circumstances as such, the Member’s personal information, including the Member’s ID and password can be provided to investigative agencies.
Article 12 (Online Postings by Members)
① The NGC can delete all the content within the Service, whether posted by Members or exchanged between Members, without notice if one of the following clauses is applicable.
1. Containing slander or libel of another Member or third party
2. Disturbing public order or public morals
3. Clearly connected with criminal activity
4. Violating rights including the NGC’s copyright or the copyright of a third party
5. Exceeding the posting period set by the NGC in accordance to Clause 2 of this Article
③ The NGC has full authority to add, modify or delete the online postings and may change the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) or postings or add, modify or delete the content of postings without notifying the Member separately.
④ The Member cannot demand the NGC to post additional material for personal gains.
Article 13 (Membership Applications and Registrations of Minors)
① The NGC shall acquire a consent from a legal representative should a minor apply for the Membership, and can reject the application for Membership by minors who have not acquired the consent of their legal representatives.
Article 14 (Basic Services)
① The Member can use the search service, the community and the notice board provided by the NGC.
② The NGC shall send regular or irregular e-mails and short message services (hereinafter, SMSs) on performances and events to Members who have agreed to receive newsletters.
③ The NGC can provide discount coupons for performances or events irregularly to the Members.
④ The Member can participate on online events. There may be conditions or limitations to the number or participation in accordance to the NGC’s online notice.
⑤ The NGC can exempt the Members, who have used the NGC’s payment system to purchase tickets via the Internet, Call Center or mobile applications, the reservation fee.
Chapter 2. Service by Membership Levels
Article 15 (Membership Levels, Annual Fees, Expiration Date, Registration)
① The NGC’s Membership Levels, annual fees, expiration data and other registration standards are as follows.
1. Best Member: Annual fee of 100,000 won, valid for one year
2. Great Member: Annual fee of 30,000 won, valid for one year
3. Green Member: No annual fee, valid until the last day before one turns 24
4. Silver Member: No annual fee, no expiration date. 65 or older may apply.
5. General Member: No annual fee, valid from the age of 25 to 64
6. Foreign Member: No annual fee, for those without the South Korean nationality
② In spite of Clause 1, there may be discounts in the annual fee when the NGC holds certain promotions.
③ The NGC can extend the expiration date by one month for Best Members and Great Members who have been registered for three or more times. The bonus month does not apply to the remaining period when the Member asks for withdrawal. Moreover, the criterion for granting a bonus month is the number of registration and not the duration of registration.
④ The Member cannot temporarily pause the expiration date for their personal reasons.
⑤ The Member can pay for their annual fees via credit card, direct deposit to a virtual bank account, giro transfer and other methods of payment designated by the NGC. The Member shall follow the following clauses when making the payment.
1. One should input the necessary information to authorize the credit card use with the consent of the Member.
2. The Member shall choose their bank of choice among the banks in contract with the NGC when paying through direct deposit to a virtual bank account.
⑥ Green Members and Silver Members can register by submitting the following official certificates to verify their ages.
1. Student IDs acknowledged by the government, certification of student credentials, international student IDs (with a photograph confirming the applicant’s age and identity)
2. Identification card, handicapped welfare card, passport or driver’s license
3. Other certificates issued by the government or local governments (with a photograph confirming the applicant’s age and identity)
⑦ The NGC can require the submission of additional certificates in cases which the Member completed the registration online and has not verified one’s identity and intends to register, purchase tickets or apply for courses.
Article 16 (Issuance and Re-issuance of Membership Cards)
① The NGC can or may be unable to issue Membership Cards in accordance to the following clauses.
1. Best Members and Great Members: The NGC issues Membership Cards.
2. Green Members, Silver Members, General Members and Foreign Members: The NGC does not issue Membership Cards.
② Membership Cards issued by the NGC mobile application or via the NGC mobile website are acknowledged and can be issued to all levels of Membership.
③ The loss and damage to Membership Cards due to the negligence requires a issuance fee of 2,000 won (cash only) which should be paid by the Member.
In this case, the Member cannot use their points.
Article 17 (Types of Membership Service)
① The Service provided by the NGC is as follows and is selectively provided in accordance to each Membership Level. General Members (default Membership Level) will not receive the services below.
1. Receiving each of the periodicals issued by the NGC (the Member cannot receive the periodicals unless the Member agrees to provide personal information to the contracted company. Members who live overseas have to access the periodicals through the online website.)
2. Reserving and purchasing up to 5 tickets at a 30%~ 50% discounted price for performances designated by the NGC
(for a show performed multiple times, the total number of discount tickets for the entire show is five per Member. In case of some of the performances designated by the NGC, the number of discounted tickets may be limited to less than five.)
3. Getting priority to purchase tickets before the official ticketing starts at a discounted price for the performances designated by the NGC
4. Invitations to the free Member musical concert hosted by the NGC (in which case, the Member should apply for the Member musical concert at a designated date and the tickets will be provided by order of application.)
5. Receiving programs for the NGC produced performances (in which case is limited to the performance program and not to the exhibition catalogue and books. This may not apply to the performances coproduced by the NGC and other production agencies.)
6. Receiving 50% discount for performances designated by the NGC (limited to one ticket per Member)
7. Receiving performance guidebooks twice every year (Members who have not agreed to provide personal information to the contracted company for posting will be excluded.)
② Best Members and Great Members will receive the service pertaining to 1~5 and 7 listed above.
③ Green Members and Silver Members will receive the service pertaining to 1 and 6 listed above.
Article 18 (Refund Policy)
① Subscribed Members who wish for refunds may receive the remainder of their annual fee after 10% of the fee is deducted as a refund fee.
② Members who wish for refunds of their annual fees in order to change their Membership Level may get a full refund within three months following the refund policy and may change their Membership Level afterwards.
③ For Members who have joined the NGC Membership by purchasing admission tickets, events or other bundle products, this refund policy will take priority.
Accordingly, such Members may not be able to get a refund. In such cases, the Member can get a refund in accordance to the refund policy only after returning the bundle product (or the equivalent price of said product), unless there are other notifications.
Article 19 (Automatic Withdrawal of Annual Fee)
① Subscribed Members can use the NGC’s automatic withdrawal service. The annual fee will be charged 7 days before the Membership Level expires and the transaction will not be made if the Subscribed Member calls, visits, or requests online for an extension of the Membership.
② The annual fee will not be automatically transferred if the credit card number input by the Member is incorrect or if the credit card passed its expiration date.
If the Membership expires without any automatic withdrawal, the Member should extend the Membership period by his/herself and the NGC takes no responsibility in the disadvantages the Member may experience through such circumstances.
③ The NGC is responsible for managing its Members’ credit card information under heavy security.
Chapter 3. The NGC Points
Article 20 (Scope of Application) Subscribed Members can save up and use points. Members who have not subscribed cannot save up or use points.
Article 21 (Accumulation of Points)
① Members can save up points as follows.
Category Rate of Accumulation Accumulated Items Note
Registration 5% Annual Fee
Performances 5% Purchasing of Tickets via the NGC Ticketing System May not apply to performances borrowing the NGC venue or to co-produced performances and other limited number of performances
Education 5% Registration for courses using the NGC registration system
Others 5% Services designated by the NGC
② The rate of point accumulation is 5% of the payment. The points are saved as follows.
1. Immediately after the payment is made, under the name of the Member
2. Points are accumulated for only real time payment methods.
3. Points are not accumulated for deferred payment methods including deposits in to virtual bank accounts or depositing without passbooks
4. Points are not accumulated for any method of payment which is not covered by the Member, including coupons
5. Points are not accumulated for payments made by using points.
③ The accumulation of points will be cancelled even if the point had already been saved, under circumstances in which the Member will get a partial or full refund. In this case, refund refers to all forms of refund, including the refund attributable to the customer’s change of mind or the reason attributable to the NGC.
④ The Member cannot use the accumulated points if the Member has not converted the points to be useable beforehand in accordance to Article 22 (Using the Points).
⑤ A single account for accumulating points is granted per one Member account. If a Member has multiple IDs, he/she may not transfer one’s points from one account to another. The NGC takes no responsibility for the disadvantage of having multiple IDs and having points dispersed to multiple accounts.
⑦ Payments made as non-members will not be retroactively applied even if the customer should register as a Member later. This clause will be applied to the cases when Members make their payments without signing in.
Article 22 (Using the Points)
① The Member can use the points as follows.
1. When the Member has purchased tickets for performances through the NGC ticketing system (This may not apply to some of the performances designated by the NGC.)
2. When registering for the NGC’s subscribed Membership
3. Other services designated by the NGC
② Points accumulated by the Member are transferred to usable points as follows.
Category Rate of Accumulation Accumulated Items Date of Transfer
Registration 5% Annual fee After the expiration date as a subscribed Member
Performances 5% Purchasing of tickets through the NGC ticketing system The day after the performance
Education 5% Registration for courses using the NGC registration system The day after the course ends
Others 5% Services designated by the NGC The date designated by the NGC
③ The Member can use the points for partial or full payments.
④ When used, the accumulated points are deducted in the order of accumulation.
⑤ When the Member uses points partially for payment and withdraws from Membership afterwards, the points are reimbursed as follows.
1. The reimbursement of the points precedes the reimbursement of previous payments. That is, the NGC reimburses the usage of points first before reimbursing the remaining amount from the entire amount of reimbursement (including the usage of points) via payment methods such as depositing without payment.
2. If the amount of reimbursement for the usage of points exceeds that of previous payments, the usage of points are reimbursed first and the remaining amount is counted as used points afterwards through a separate process.
3. The term of validity for usable points is in accordance with the term of validity of the points at the point of accumulation.
Article 23 (Prohibition of Transfer and Disposal Rights)
① The Members cannot convert the points or services purchased via points into money nor can they transfer or sell the points he/she has accumulated to others.
② Points are not succeeded to the Member’s inheritor or transferee and do not belong to the Member’s property.
③ The Member may not transfer or attempt to use the points to accounts belonging to a third party or him/herself.
④ In cases which the Member dies or is deemed incapacitated and unable to make his/her own decisions, the Member’s points and the benefits lose effect and the Member is deemed to have lost the right to the points.
Article 24 (Expiration Date, Expiry and Prohibition of Use)
① The term of validity of the points is three years and points which have been accumulated for three years will be expired at the first day of the month the points are expired (Example: Points accumulated on March 2, 2015 → Valid until March 31, 2018 → Will be deleted on April 1, 2018)
② The points will be automatically expired when the Member forfeits his/her membership or when the Member withdraws. The points will not be reinstated one the Member reregisters.
Article 25 (Objection and Exemption)
① The Member has authority to confirm whether his/her points have been accurately recorded. When the Member deems that his/her acquired points have not been appropriately recorded, the Member can submit relevant documented evidence and object to the recordings. The objection, however, must be made within 6 months of the point being accumulated or used or is required to be accumulated or used.
③ When informing or sending documents in relevance to the points policy based on the personal information listed in the NGC system, the NGC assumes no responsibility for the reply, late reply, loss or the miscarriage of the pertaining documents due to errors in the personal information and is exempted from the responsibility to inform.
Article 26 (Basic Duty of the NGC)
① The NGC collects the minimum information required to provide service during the application or registration process.
② The NGC strives to develop the highest safety measures to guard the Members’ personal information (including credit information) so that the Member can safely use the service.
Article 27 (Collection of Personal Information)
① The NGC collects the following personal information from the Member.
1. Name (Mandatory)
2. Year, Month, Day of Birth (Lunar birthdays included, mandatory)
3. E-mail address (Mandatory)
4. ID (Mandatory)
5. Password (The password will be encrypted and the NGC will not be used by the NGC.)
6. Landline number (Mandatory)
7. Mobile phone number (Mandatory)
8. Address and delivery address (Optional) < Amended 2015.9.16.>
9. Genres of interest (Optional)
10. Vehicle Number (Optional)
11. Internet protocol address (IP Address, automatically collected, mandatory)
② The customer becomes the Member by providing the mandatory information listed in Clause 1.
The customer may reject to provide the aforementioned information but in this case, cannot become a Member. This does not apply to the provision of optional information.
Article 28 (Use of Personal Information)
① The NGC can use the collected personal information as follows.
1. Sending promotional materials, periodicals, information, event results via e-mails, short messaging service (SMS/LMS/MMS), or by post (only to the Members who have agreed)
2. Statistical analysis using demographic information
3. Used for the basic value for transactions
4. Used for data processing for reservation information
② The NGC does not provide the collected personal information to a third party or a contracted company without an additional approval from the Member. This does not apply to the following cases.
1. When there are special rules specified in regulations (In accordance to the regulations, personal information is not unconditionally provided to government agencies or investigative agencies, and are only provided by the law with the warrant or a document signed by the head of said agency.)
2. For statistics, academic research or market research, in which case the information is provided in a form that makes it impossible to discern specific individuals.
Article 29 (Management of Personal Information)
Article 30 (Management and Usage of Cookies)
Chapter 5. Other Regulations
Article 31 Deleted <2015.9.16.>
Article 32 (Exemption)
① The NGC takes no responsibility in the loss that a Member should suffer from the following reasons. This does not apply to cases which clearly show that the NGC is responsible for the results.
1. Failure of or lapse in service due to unavoidable circumstances such as errors or excessive traffic in communication facilities, circuits and computers
2. When the Member leaks his/her own Membership ID, Membership card or Membership number to a third party due to one’s own negligence
3. When inconvenience in use of the service should arise due to the Member or other Members (The NGC should take appropriate control for inconvenience arising from other Members when using the service)
4. When other unavoidable circumstances, including natural disasters, arise
② The NGC takes no responsibility for the Member’s loss in the expected profit through the service and is not responsible for the loss due to the data acquired through the service.
The NGC also takes no responsibility in the reliability and the accuracy of the content of information, materials and facts which are uploaded by the Member.
Article 33 (Ownership of Copyrights)
① The copyright and other intellectual property rights of the designs and words uploaded on the webpage created by the NGC belong to the NGC.
② Deleted <2015.9.16.>
<Title revised on 2015.9.16.>
Article 33-2 (Range and Methods of Using Copyrights)
① By Article 24-2 (Free Use of Public Works) of the Copyright act, the materials of which the property right entirely belongs to the NGC and is uploaded on the NGC website can be freely used without permission.
② In accordance to Clause 1, materials open to public have the Korea Open Government License (KOGL) Type 1 attached to them. The user, therefore, should check whether the material has a KOGL mark and cite the source of the work in detail when using it.
③ Circulation of NGC provided online information without the KOGL mark to a third party through publication, duplication, broadcasting or other methods are banned.
<Newly added on 2015.9.16.>
Article 35 (Liability for Violation of Terms)
Article 37 (Competent Court)
① Should a dispute arise between the NGC and the Member concerning the usage of service, both parties are required to fully cooperate on resolving the dispute through discussions.
② If the dispute is not resolved through discussions in accordance to Clause 1 of this Article, the court with the jurisdiction over the area were the NGC (Seoul) is located shall become the court of first instance.
This Term of Use shall be implemented on February 16, 2015.