The National Gugak Center announces the holding of 2018 International Gugak Workshop in July at the National Gugak Center in Seoul, Korea. The program consists of lectures on various elements of Gugak, instrumental lessons, concert, etc.
■ Dates: July 9 ~ 20 (2 weeks)
■ Place: National Gugak Center (Seoul, Korea)
■ Number of participants: up to 17 persons
■ Workshop Detail: Lectures on Korean traditional music, instruments lessons, concerts, composition workshop, etc. 2018 workshop curriculum will be based on 2017 workshop curriculum (see attached) and the participants' field of interest.
- Round-trip flights (economy class) from the airport near the participant's place of residence to Seoul (Incheon or Gimpo airport).
1. Participants should buy their own flight tickets and the Center reimburses the flight fare.
2. The flight fare will be reimbursed during the first week of the workshop in July.
3. Please note there is a limit to the maximum amount we can reimburse as below.
- Asia: 600,000 KRW
- Oceania: 1,600,000 KRW
- North America: 1,800,000 KRW
- Europe: 1,200,000 KRW
- Latin America, Africa: 2,000,000 KRW
- Hotel Accommodation
- Lesson fee
- Scholars in the fields of ethnomusicology, musicology and music education, etc.
- Music professionals including composers, producers, music festival coordinators, etc.
- Applicant must be fluent in English and has foreign citizenship in a country outside Korea.
- Applicant must be able to participant all official schedule.
- Application Form (attached)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation Letter (s) - not mandatory
■ How to apply
Fill out attached application form and send it to email@example.com along with Curriculum Vitae. Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender (s).
The title of your application email should be "Workshop Application" and we will send a confirmation email within a week after receiving your email. If you do not receive confirmation, please forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
■ Application Dead Line: February 28, 2018
■ Announcement: by March 23
■ Contact Information
Mr. LEE, Baewon
Promotion Division, National Gugak Center