The National Gugak Center announces the holding of 2019 International Gugak Workshop in June at the National Gugak Center in Seoul, Korea. The program consists of lectures on various elements of Gugak, instrumental lessons, concert, etc.
■ Dates: June 24 ~ July 5 (2 weeks)
■ Place: National Gugak Center (Seoul, Korea)
■ Number of participants: up to 17 persons
■ Workshop Detail: Lectures on Korean traditional music, instruments lessons, concerts, composition workshop, etc. 2019 workshop curriculum will be based on 2018 workshop curriculum (see attached) and the participants' field of interest.
- Round-trip flights (economy class) from the airport near the participant's place of residence to Seoul (Incheon airport).
1. Participants should buy their own flight tickets and the Center reimburses the flight fare.
2. The flight fare will be reimbursed during the first week of the workshop in June.
3. Please note there is a limit to the maximum amount we can reimburse as below.
- Asia: 600,000 KRW
- Oceania: 1,600,000 KRW
- North America: 1,800,000 KRW
- Europe & Middle East: 1,200,000 KRW
- Latin America, Africa: 2,000,000 KRW
- Hotel Accommodation
- Scholars in the fields of ethnomusicology, musicology and music education, etc.
- Music professionals including composers, producers, music festival coordinators, etc.
- Applicant must be fluent in English and has foreign citizenship in a country outside Korea.
- Applicant must be able to participant all official schedule.
- Application Form (attached)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation Letter (s)
- Links of representative works (such as youtube, website, etc.), scores, etc. – Not mandatory.
■ How to apply
Fill out attached application form and send it to email@example.com along with Curriculum Vitae. Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender (s).
The title of your application email should be "Workshop Application" and we will send a confirmation email within a week after receiving your email. If you do not receive confirmation, please forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
■ Application Dead Line: February 15, 2019
■ Announcement: by March 15
■ Contact Information
Mr. LEE, Baewon
Promotion Division, National Gugak Center