We are glad to announce that we will host International Gugak workshop this year, on the spot at National Gugak Center in Seoul, Korea for the first time after 2019 due to Covid-19.
However, the Korean government currently imposes mandatory 7 days of quarantine to ALL immigrants if they do not bear Quarantine Exemption document. (Policy subject to change in the future.)
Since the Covid-19 vaccination is essential to apply for this document and for daily life in Korea (vaccine pass), this year's workshop will be limited to those who have or will have completed vaccination at least 2 weeks before applying for the Quarantine Exemption in June.
We hope you understand these measures.
■ Dates: July 4 ~ July 15 (2 weeks)
■ Place: National Gugak Center (Seoul, Korea)
■ Number of participants: up to 15 persons
■ Workshop Detail: Lectures on Korean traditional music, instruments lessons, concerts, composition workshop, etc. 2022 workshop curriculum will be based on 2019 workshop curriculum (see attached) and the participants' field of interest.
- Round-trip flights (economy class) from the airport near the participant's place of residence to Seoul (Incheon airport).
| 1. Participants should buy their own flight tickets and the Center reimburses the flight fare during the first week of the workshop in July.
2. There is a limit to the maximum amount the Center reimburses as below.
- Asia: 600,000 KRW
- Oceania: 1,600,000 KRW
- North America: 2,000,000 KRW
- Europe & Middle East: 1,200,000 KRW
- Latin America, Africa: 2,200,000 KRW
- Hotel Accommodation
- Music professionals including composers, producers, music festival coordinators, etc.
- Scholars in the fields of ethnomusicology, musicology and music education, etc.- Applicant must be fluent in English and has foreign citizenship in a country outside Korea.
- Applicant must be able to participant all official schedule.
*** Please note that all participants (not applicants) must be able to submit official documents for Covid-19 vaccination and they will be required to submit PCR test result at the airport. (Tested within 48 hours prior to departure.)
- Application Form (attached)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation Letters (not mandatory)
■ How to apply
Fill out attached application form and send it to email@example.com along with Curriculum Vitae. Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender (s).
The title of your application email should be "Workshop Application" and we will send a confirmation email within a week after receiving your email. If you do not receive confirmation, please forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
■ Application Dead Line: March 25
■ Announcement: by April 15
■ Contact Information
Promotion Division, National Gugak Center