We are glad to inform you that we will host International Gugak workshop in June 2023 as below.
■ Dates: June 19 ~ June 30 (2 weeks)
■ Place: National Gugak Center (Seoul, Korea)
■ Number of participants: up to 15 persons
■ Workshop Detail: Lectures on Korean traditional music, instruments lessons, concerts, composition workshop, etc. 2023 workshop curriculum will be based on 2022 workshop curriculum (see attached) and the participants' field of interest.
- Round-trip flights (economy class) from the airport near the participant's place of residence to Seoul (Incheon airport).
| 1. Participants should buy their own flight tickets and the Center reimburses the flight fare during the first week of the workshop.
2. There is a limit to maximum amount the Center reimburses as below.
- Asia: 600,000 KRW
- Oceania: 1,600,000 KRW
- North America: 2,000,000 KRW
- Europe & Middle East: 1,200,000 KRW
- Latin America, Africa: 2,200,000 KRW
- Hotel Accommodation
- Music professionals including composers, musicians, producers, music festival coordinators, etc.
- Scholars and students (preferably above BA degree) in the fields of ethnomusicology, musicology and music education, etc.
- Applicant must be fluent in English and has foreign citizenship in the country outside Korea.
- Applicant must be able to participant all official schedule.
- Application Form (attached)
- Curriculum Vitae (Max. 2 pages)
- Recommendation Letters (not mandatory)
■ How to apply
Fill out attached application form and send it to email@example.com along with Curriculum Vitae. Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender (s).
The title of your application email should be "Workshop Application – Name of Applicant" and we will send a confirmation email after receiving your email. If you do not receive confirmation in 3 days, please forward your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
■ Application Dead Line: Feb. 17
■ Announcement: by Mar. 17
■ Contact Information
Promotion Division, National Gugak Center